The new Audi R8 Spyder V10 Plus will be the companies fastest ever series production convertible.
- New R8 Spyder V10 plus will be available to order in the UK later this month with prices starting from £147,470 OTR
- It will feature a naturally aspirated, high revving V10 engine that produces 610PS at 8,250rpm and 560Nm of torque at 6,500rpm
- It will reach 0-62mph in just 3.3 seconds and a top speed of 203mph
- It will include exceptionally high levels of equipment as standard including a Performance driving mode, R8 bucket seats, ceramic brakes and carbon components inside and out
- Lightweight body featuring Multimaterial Audi Space Frame (ASF) with aluminium and CFRP weighing just 208 kg and making it 25kg lighter than the Audi R8 V10 Spyder but still with unsurpassed rigidity
- An electric roof that opens or closes in just 20 seconds, at speeds up to 31mph
“The Audi R8 Spyder V10 plus completes the R8 model line,” said Stephan Winkelmann, Managing Director of Audi Sport GmbH. “The Spyder is now also available as a 610PS top version in addition to the Coupé. It benefits from our many years of experience in motorsport and combines breath-taking dynamics with the emotion of an open-top sports car.”
The most powerful Audi engine ever destined for series production is mated to a seven-speed S tronic transmission that offers lightning-fast action. The dual-clutch transmission, with its short transmission ratio, sends power to the quattro drive system in the front axle via a cardan shaft. Its key component is an electro-hydraulically activated multi-plate clutch. It is water-cooled for maximum performance.
Through the Audi exclusive programme, it is possible to completely personalise your R8 Spyder V10 plus with almost limitless options for customers including, 11 regular paint finishes with the choice of freely selectable colours and matt-effect paint finishes. The convertible roof is available in three colours, and the side blades can be selected in five colours. Additional styling parts in carbon or titanium black are available for many areas of the exterior and interior. Numerous upholstery types, inlays, and colours add to the wide range of options.
Plus the power, minus the weight for R8 – For the first time in the history of the model range, the top-flight ‘plus’ version of the Audi R8 will become available as a Spyder. Featuring the most powerful 610PS V10 engine that Audi has ever put into series production, the new R8 Spyder V10 plus delivers a phenomenal 3.3-second sprint time to 62mph and a 203mph top speed.
Available to order in the UK from July 2017 – OTR prices start at £147,470