THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY FOR THE VIP AVIATION ‘GEEK’
PrivateFly launches the ultimate aviation tourism itinerary; taking in three of the world’s most iconic ‘rollercoaster’ airport landings, and a Gulfstream G650 to get there.
While many people enjoy flying, there’s a large – and growing – global group who can’t get enough of taking to the skies. Welcome to the world of the Aviation Geek (AvGeek). These are the people who live and breathe all things aviation – the stats, facts and images from their air travels.
In response, private jet booking service, PrivateFly, has launched the luxury trip of a lifetime for AvGeeks. On the tour, they can experience three of the world’s most spectacular landings, travelling by the world’s most desirable private jet. It’s the ultimate ‘bucket list’ flying experience to the Caribbean.
Adam Twidell, CEO of PrivateFly, comments: “Aviation tourism is a growing trend amongst luxury travellers who seek out the world’s most extraordinary flying experiences. For an AvGeek the joy is as much in the getting there, as it is in the destination. And the Caribbean offers an unbeatable collection of simply breathtaking landings.
“Our itinerary takes in flights to the three Caribbean islands of St Maarten, St Barts and Saba, with their unique rollercoaster approaches, plus a Gulfstream G650 private jet to get there. This unique trip would be enticing enough for any traveller, but offers something extra-special for the aviation tourist.”
PrivateFly’s itinerary includes the following:
- Return private jet flights in a Gulfstream G650 – the world’s fastest and furthest private jet – to St Martin (SXM) from London, experiencing the famous and iconic low approach over Maho Beach, to the island’s international airport.
- An exclusive private tour of St Martin’s Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM), by the airport’s Managing Director, Regina La Bega. A unique insight into what makes the airport the heart of the island’s community, including a visit to the Air Traffic Control Tower.
- A private charter flight to the exclusive luxury island of St Barts, where aircraft famously descend from head height down the steep slope to the runway’s touchdown point. Meet the president of St Barts Bruno Magras, plus lunch with the Managing Director of St Barts airport, Fabrice Danet.
- Landing on the shortest commercial runway in the world, on the tiny island of Saba. Includes lunch with the pilots to find out more about the challenges of flying these unique routes every day.
- 7 nights’ luxury 5* hotel accommodation; hosted lunches by airport staff and crew; dinners at some of the region’s best restaurants; and a chauffeur-driven car between all venues.
- Additional bespoke options can include flying lessons for existing pilots to learn to land at St Barts and Saba; island ground tours and additional flights, such as to Anguilla’s renowned beaches.
And the price for this ultimate AvGeek trip? The cost, including the Gulfstream G650 private jet charter from London, is from £190,000 for a group of 4, or £48,000 per person. PrivateFly can also arrange the itinerary, without a long range G650 flight, at a cost of £12,000 per person.
Twidell continues: “As an unashamed AvGeek myself, this is truly the trip of a lifetime for those with a passion for aviation. Combining flights in the world’s most desirable private jet, with some of the world’s most spectacular landings. What could be better?”
Also see our article on; How to put the Wow into Weddings with a Private Jet or Helicopter
All images are the Copyright of PrivateFly